Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Launching a GroovyConsole Without a cmd window

I run Groovy 1.7 from the .zip files (which doesn't yet have the native launchers built for it), and I love the line numbering, and many other things about it. The one thing that was irritating is that a new cmd window would have to be opened every time I launched the groovyConsole.bat. I now have a workaround. Create a new .vbs file in the bin folder of your groovy with the following contents:
Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
obj = WshShell.Run("groovyconsole.bat", 0)
set WshShell = Nothing
You can then put a shortcut to this wherever, and even make it pretty by setting the icon to this. Oh, and make sure you have your GROOVY_HOME set up.

Actually, this can be used to run any batch script in the background, as long as you don't need to be able to let the user pass in arguments. My thanks to Koushik Biswas from Yahoo Answers for the tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment