Pages

Monday, December 7, 2009

Using Groovy from the .zip file

I had always had trouble launching groovysh or groovyConsole from the .zip releases of groovy, and always waited until they released the installer for Windows, never knowing why. There is a simple fix, but one that didn't occur to me right away. The cause is that the GROOVY_HOME variable needs set before startGroovy.bat tries to add it to the classpath, so just add

set GROOVY_HOME=..\
to startGroovy.bat (anywhere before the classpath gets set), and let the good times roll...
This also, of course, overrides whatever you have set as system or user variables, so you can safely play with other versions from the .zips without needing to change anything (or needing admin rights).

1 comment:

  1. I know a lot of corrupted zip files at my friends. But only yesterday I found a tool - repair downloaded zip file,which solved these issues for seconds and absolutely free. Moreover it helped me too quite fast and I knew how the utility recover damaged archives in Zip format,save the files to HDD and finish with recovery process. I advised it my brother and he thanked me a lot)

    ReplyDelete