Pages

Friday, September 4, 2009

iTunes Blows

iTunes blows, but we all knew that. The latest chapter in the suckage occurred when I deleted UppperFilters from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} in an attempt to solve my problem of the disappearing cd drive (it didn't). Instead iTunes lost the ability to write CDs, not something I really care about since I only use iTunes for podcasts now anyway, but the stupid error was kinda annoying. The message said to reinstall iTunes, yet neither a repair install nor uninstalling then reinstalling fixed the issue, even after I manually created the key. Apperantly there are some magic drivers in use by iTunes that their support site will tell you nothing about. I finally got it fixed. My thanks to Ralph and Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment