Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

Psalm 23 for Materialists

I think I was driving home from somewhere when this idea popped in my head.  Apologies to those favoring more modern language, King James Version continues to hold a special place in my heart.

Psalm 23 for Materialists

Materialism is my shepherd; I shall always want.
It maketh me to lie down in pricey furniture stores: it leadeth me beside the Jacuzzi waters.
It consumes my soul: it leadeth me in the paths of greed for its name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of recession, I will see no evil: for thou art with me; thy early termination fees and thy clearances they comfort me.
Thou preparest a shopping cart before me in the presence of rival Black Friday shoppers: thou anointest my head with expensive hair products; my Big Gulp runneth over.
Surely greed and meaninglessness shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of materialism for ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment