Pages

Friday, August 28, 2009

Why My GroovyConsole Wouldn't Open

For a few weeks now, I've been wondering why I couldn't launch the pretty version of GroovyConsole on my home computer, but could on my work computer. It turns out this is a bug: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GROOVY-3655. Groovy needs the 32 bit JDK to launch. Nore more batch hack, I can now launch the GroovyConsole.exe directly. (Though they still haven't built this for the updated versions -- I assume they're holding off for the 1.7 release).

Problem was, at work I need to use HermesJMS which needs JAVA_HOME to be the 64 bit version (doesn't make sense, but it works). What to do? Fortunately, HermesJMS uses a batch file for its invocation, so just add
JAVA_HOME=C:\Progra~2\Java\jdk1.6.0_16
to line 23 (or anywhere in the beginning, really). Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment